Getting to Explore

(Nate) These first couple of days in NYC have been about orienting ourselves and getting used to the subway system. It has been a ton of fun traveling to different places and using the subway. At first, I have to admit, I was totally scared and nervous to ride the subway, but I'm coming around and I'm starting to enjoy it and feel comfortable.

The other night we went up to Times Square around 10pm. We were amazed to see hundreds of lawn chairs set up right in the middle of Broadway Ave. right in front of ESPN. There were tons of people just standing and sitting watching the NBA finals. They had the game playing on this HUGE HD screen on the side of this building. So we stalked a couple sitting in these lawn chairs and as soon as they stood up we snatched their chairs and enjoyed the game. I was AMAZED! I kept saying over and over, "we're in the middle of Times Square sitting here watching the NBA finals with thousands of other people!"

So anyways, that was one of my favorite highlights of sightseeing so far! More to come later!

0 comments: