2 Weeks Left :(
So, I (Emily) realized that the last post that was written was titled We've Been Here Two Weeks. Now, we only have 2 weeks left! Ahh!!! Time is flying by for us in NYC! These past couple of weeks we have spent a lot of time on campuses in NYC area. We've also had a lot of time with our project team (the students and the Crusade staff). It has been such a blessing to get to know everyone. I want to just take a moment to brag on our students that we have here for this Summer Project.
There are 19 students from all over the United States that have chosen to come here to serve and do ministry for the summer. 1st of all, that alone is why we appreciate these students so much. They made the concious decision to do a Summer Project and they stepped out in faith not knowing what to expect. Many of them had jobs in previous summers that they decided to give up to come here. Some of them were apprehensive about raising funds. Some were just uncomfortable with the idea of NYC. Despite all of these reasons, and more, these students trusted God and obeyed His calling in their lives. To me, that is so admirable!
Another reason why we have grown to love our students on the Campus Track is because they have genuine hearts for the lost. I love seeing the passion they have to see lost people turn their lives over to Christ. It's amazing to see their compassion and love for people who don't know God. This is so evident each day as we go out to our campuses to do ministry. They are so eager to share their faith with students on these college campuses. Also, they share their faith with such boldness and assurance that God will be guiding each conversation that they have. I think back to my college experience and ask myself, "Did I ever have that much courage to step out and share my faith with complete strangers?"
One last reason (and there are definitely more I could tell of) that we have enjoyed being with these students is because of their love for each other. We have been blessed with a team of students that truly mesh well together. God has definitely answered our prayers of unity among the team. We have seen them encourage each other when one is feeling discouraged, laugh when someone is lauging, and cry when someone is crying. It brings joy to my heart to see the body of Christ acting the way it should among these students.
I haven't been able to take a picture of the whole Campus Track team, but when I do I will be sure to post it! I want you to be able to specifically see our wonderful team of staff and students!
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
|
Labels:
summer project
|
0 comments:
Post a Comment