All Because Of A TV Show

Tonight is one of the 2 nights during the week that we actually have a free night...no meetings...no activities...no studies...nothing. So, what do we do on our free nights you may ask? Well, tonight was a night we caught up on some of our favorite TV shows (via the internet...ah, it's a wonderful thing) that we miss during the week. First we watched the latest episode of The Hills...shhh, don't tell Nate I told you he watches this show :) Then, we moved on to the next show that we just got into this summer...How I Met Your Mother. This weeks episode was about the group of friends and their quest to find the best burger in NYC. I'm not going to spend too much time explaining the details of the episode, because that's not really the point of this blog.

The point of this blog, and the reason for the title, is that after we finished watching the above mentioned TV show Nate spontaneously said, "lets go to Wendy's!" At first I was a little hesitant...only because I really wanted to go to Taco Bell instead. But knowing that a Taco Bell AND a Wendy's are right down the road from each other (yes, we did actually stop at both places to each get our preferred cravings satisfied), I gave in for the good cause of spontaneity. On went the shoes...in the car went the dog...off to late night drive through.

Anyway, 40 minutes and a few dollars later our tummys are sitting happily filled...all because of a tv show. It was definitely a fun and spontaneous moment for us! Thinking back to our marriage the past (almost) 3 years, we have never done anything like this. It was almost like an unplanned date night...it kind of felt like we were actually just dating again! It made us reminisce back to the days when we began to date and we would do fun stuff like that out of the blue. Haha...can you tell we never really go on dates anymore?!?

Thank you Wendy's and Taco Bell for satisfying our tastes and for bringing an "old married couple" back to the old days.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

We had a similar experience last weekend. I had planned to have breakfast for dinner but we watched a documentary on WXXI about diners (I know, procrastination at it's worst) and had to have burgers and fries. I ended up just pulling them out of the freezer though. Funny how TV affects us. Glad you had fun on your spontaneous date :)

Tara said...

First of all, we LOOOOVE How I Met Your Mother (whatup!). It's one of the few shows that Mark and I both love. And also, this made me miss you because you're one of the few Taco Bell buddies I've ever had in life! Seems like most people hate it. I remember sharing more than one spicy enchilada moment with you. =)

Full of JOY said...

AWWW, M!! I love that story! I can just picture the two of you....kind of like spontaneous late night walks around campus, maybe a stop at Byrdies! HAHA!