Club Day
Hi there! Nate here, I thought it was about time I make my blogging debut. Blogging is definitely a new thing for me! I've never been much of a blogger or blog reader, but my wife has convinced me of its value in helping you (whoever reads this) stay up to date with us and our ministry.
I thought I would share a little about our big day at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) yesterday. Yesterday was Club Day, so we (Campus Crusade), and approximately 150 other "clubs," had a table set up in the Field House (a large gym with indoor track and tennis courts) telling all about our organization. The gym was packed with students, all of which were checking out the different clubs and picking up free stuff. College students will take just about anything that's free! We had hundreds of students come by our table and pick up information about Campus Crusade for Christ and also fill out contact cards so we can follow up. We also handed out hundreds of free Freshman Survival Kits (FSK). In each FSK was a Bible, a book (Case for Christ), a water bottle, info about CCC at RIT, and a black mesh laundry bag which held all of this stuff. I had so much fun talking with students as they came by and wondered what group we were. It was great to hear all the different responses from students. Some were very excited to know there was a Christian group on campus, and some only wanted the free stuff we were handing out, and some could care less. I enjoyed talking with all the students and getting to hear briefly their beliefs about Christianity.
Please pray for all the students that filled out contact cards. We had over a hundred students fill out these cards saying they were interested in being a part of CCC. We will be following up with all of them in the next few days. This is such a crucial time because the majority of these students haven't aligned themselves with a group or club yet. Pray that God would give them a desire to be a part of Campus Crusade for Christ.
2 comments:
yay for another blog to read :) this will definitely help keep us up to date!
hi nate!! so excited about your blog!! handing out those laundry bags with stuff is SUCH a cool idea!!!
Post a Comment